Make these yummy orange dream bars with sweet locally grown mandarins. They are to die for! Use the zest & fresh-squeezed juice from your mandarins.
Orange Dream Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup juice from mandarins
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13” pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat butter until creamy, then add the flour, sugar, and salt and beat until a dough forms. Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 18 minutes.
- A few minutes before the crust comes out of the oven, prepare the filling. Place all filling ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, a few seconds to almost a minute, depending on your blender.
- Carefully pour filling evenly over hot crust. Return to oven and bake until the top is no longer jiggly, about 20-23 minutes. Cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar and slicing into bars.
Recipe from Crazy for Crust. Get more mandarins here.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!