The deep flavor of roasted carrots is brightened with fresh oranges in this side dish that’s perfect for any dinner.
Orange Roasted Carrots
- 1 pound carrots unpeeled
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Good olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Remove the tops and scrub the carrots with a vegetable brush. Cut the carrots in long diagonal slices. (You want fairly uniform sticks about 4 inches long by ½ inch wide.)
- Place the carrots on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Toss well with your hands and spread out in one layer.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until the carrots are lightly browned and tender. Sprinkle with the orange zest, orange juice, and salt and toss well. Serve hot or at room temperature.