Start your morning with a bright orange smoothie! Change it up & turn this detox drink with turmeric can into a popsicle by just freezing in a mold.
Orange Turmeric Detox Smoothie
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 oranges peeled
- Juice from 1 whole lime
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 to 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 frozen banana chopped into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp hemp or chia seeds
- 1/2 cup cold water chilled, or dandelion tea
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Place a small pot of water fitted with a steamer basket over the stove. Add the carrots to the steamer basket and set the heat to medium-high heat. Steam carrots for about 4 minutes, or until just tender. Remove carrots from steamer basket and transfer to the freezer to chill for 5 minutes.
- Place the chilled carrots and remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy. Drink chilled.
Recipe from Clean Cuisine.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!