A filling salad with wonderfully delicious & juicy grilled peaches and creamy cheese! This one stands out on it’s own. You can use nectarines or peaches. Choose a cheese that does not melt easy, like halloumi, paneer, or queso fresco.
Peach and Cheese Grilled Salad
- 1 1/2 cup basil leaves finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 4 Tbsp
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup green beans
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 peaches pitted and halved
- 6 ounces cheese: halloumi, queso fresco, or paneer sliced
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the basil, garlic, lemon juice and rice vinegar. Gradually whisk in ⅓ cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans and blanch for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool completely.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Brush the remaining olive oil evenly over the peaches and cheese. Working in batches, grill the peaches and cheese until well charred, about 3 minutes per side.
- Arrange the mixed greens on a large platter. Top with the green beans, peaches and cheese. Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with the pine nuts.