Persimmon Ginger and Cinnamon Jam
Spice up sweet persimmons with Chef Michael Welch's jam recipe that makes dishes sing.
- 6 persimmons seeds removed, and chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 large piece ginger peeled and cut in half
- 1 lemon juiced
- Add all ingredients to a sauce pot and cook on low heat, stirring every few minutes. The jam should evenly coat a spoon when finished.
- When the jam reaches its desired consistency, pulse in a robo coupe for a chunky texture or in a blender for smoother texture.
- Follow instructions wit your canner for long term storage or keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Goes great in cheesecakes, creme brulee, or with cheese plates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!