The best dill pickles are the ones you make yourself! This quick recipe simplifies the classic preparation.
Quick Dill Pickles
- 6 Kirby cucumbers
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 4 heads fresh dill
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Scrub the cucumbers with a vegetable brush under cold, running water. Slice off the stem end on each cucumber. Slice each cucumber into 1/4” chips or into spears, as desired.
- Divide the pepper, coriander, bay leaves, garlic and dill between two clean pint jars, or one 1 quart jar. Pack the cucumbers into the jars, making sure they fit tightly and are lined up so there are no big gaps. Lightly rap the jar on the counter to help the ingredients settle into the jar.
- In a small saucepan, bring the white vinegar, salt, water & red pepper flakes to a boil. Stir to dissolve salt completely.
- Pour the brine into the jars and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the lids on the jars and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight to pickle, shaking the jar occasionally to redistribute the spices. The pickles will last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Recipe from Yummly.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!