The mix of crispy lettuce and hearty sweet potatoes for a nutrient packed and satisfying salad.
Red Leaf Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups green beans washed and stems removed
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove crushed through a garlic press
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce torn into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together sweet potatoes, onion, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add green beans and walnuts to sheet; toss. Roast until green beans are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, and garlic; season dressing with salt and pepper. Top lettuce with roasted vegetable mixture; drizzle with the yogurt dressing.