The mix of crispy lettuce and hearty sweet potatoes for a nutrient packed and satisfying salad.
Red Leaf Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups green beans washed and stems removed
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove crushed through a garlic press
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce torn into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together sweet potatoes, onion, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add green beans and walnuts to sheet; toss. Roast until green beans are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, and garlic; season dressing with salt and pepper. Top lettuce with roasted vegetable mixture; drizzle with the yogurt dressing.
Need more sweet potatoes? Click here. More lettuce? See availability. See if green beans are in stock here. Recipe from Martha Stewart.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!