Red lentil soup is a perfect healthy & filling meal for long days staying home & adding spinach makes it complete!
Red Lentil Soup with Spinach
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 1/3 cups red or yellow lentils
- 8 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Juice of half a lemon
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, add the onions & carrots and sauté until soft, 5 - 6 minutes, stirring.
- Add the chopped garlic, turmeric and cumin and continue cooking for 2 - 3 minutes more.
- Stir in the lentils, add the broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook covered on low for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Toss in parsley, spinach and stir in lemon juice and serve
Recipe from Skinny Taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!