Roasted Beet Orange and Goat Cheese Salad
Chef Michael Welch puts together the BEST flavor combo for beets! This salad is simple to make, too!
- 3 large beets
- olive oil enough to coat beets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 orange
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 2 oz toasted pecans or walnuts
- Remove the tops from the beets and rinse until clean.
- Toss with olive oil & salt. Roast at 375° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick can easily pierce the middle of the beet.
- Rub with a towel while still warm to remove skin and cut into bite sized pieces
- Combine orange juice, cumin, Dijon, black pepper and vinegar. Whisk or blend to incorporate.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified. If it comes out too thick, add a little water to reach desired consistency.
- Remove peel from orange and cut into wedges or bite sized pieces. Toss with mixed greens, beets, and 1 oz of dressing. Top with goat cheese and nuts. Perfect holiday salad!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!