Beets and goat cheese are always a win and the spice of radishes with fresh lime and cilantro are a delicious side dish that whips up so easy.
Roasted Beets and Radishes with Goat Cheese
- 3 cups beets peeled and diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups radishes sliced (save the leaves)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped radish leaves plus more for topping
- 2 ounces goat cheese plus more for topping
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the beets with the olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Toss the radishes in the same medium-sized bowl with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- After the beets have cooked for 20 minutes, add the radishes to the baking sheet. Stir well to coat with olive oil and incorporate with the beets.
- Roast for an additional 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, spritz the vegetables with lime juice and vinegar. Then add the cilantro and radish leaves. Stir.
- Transfer the vegetables into the medium-sized bowl, add the goat cheese and stir to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature topped with additional leaves and goat cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!