Beets and goat cheese are always a win and the spice of radishes with fresh lime and cilantro are a delicious side dish that whips up so easy.
Roasted Beets and Radishes with Goat Cheese
- 3 cups beets peeled and diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups radishes sliced (save the leaves)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped radish leaves plus more for topping
- 2 ounces goat cheese plus more for topping
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the beets with the olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Toss the radishes in the same medium-sized bowl with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- After the beets have cooked for 20 minutes, add the radishes to the baking sheet. Stir well to coat with olive oil and incorporate with the beets.
- Roast for an additional 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, spritz the vegetables with lime juice and vinegar. Then add the cilantro and radish leaves. Stir.
- Transfer the vegetables into the medium-sized bowl, add the goat cheese and stir to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature topped with additional leaves and goat cheese.