Step aside chicken! Cauliflower is taking your place with orange sauce that’s way easy & healthier than restaurant stuff.
Roasted Cauliflower with Orange Sauce
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup orange sauce
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or grapeseed oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp ginger
- 1/2 cup orange zest
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or sake
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- parsley, cilantro, hot sauce, or peanuts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 550°.
- Chop the cauliflower into bite-sized florets & place on a large baking sheet. Toss with 4 Tbsp olive oil, the salt & pepper.
- Put the coated cauliflower in the preheated oven & turn on the broiler. Broil until the top side is browned,7-8 minutes. Flip & roast until the other side is browned,3-4 minutes.
- Heat the orange sauce until hot but not bubbling.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven. Pour sauce over the cauliflower & toss to coat well. Garnish with the parsley, cilantro, hot sauce, or peanuts. Serve.
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT oil, garlic & ginger to a bowl & stir until cornstarch is combined.
- Heat oil in a saucepan until warm. Add garlic & ginger. Cook until you smell a strong fragrance.
- Mix bowl ingredients again to completely dissolve the cornstarch. Pour it into the pan. Cook & stir until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Transfer into a bowl to cool immediately. After it cools, transfer to an airtight jar if you are not using it right away. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 3 months.
Recipe from Omnivores Cookbook. Find cauliflower here.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!