Roast your butternut squash with hazelnuts & add pomegranate for a colorful & satisfying side dish.
Roasted Squash with Pomegranates & Hazelnuts
- 6 cups butternut squash or pumpkin cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- zest of 1 orange
- black pepper fresh ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts roasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add olive oil, orange zest, salt & pepper and stir. Add squash cubes and toss to coat. Spread out on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Pace baking sheet in over and roast until done, about 30 minutes
- Place in a serving dish, top with chopped hazelnuts, pomegranate seeds, and chopped parsley if using.
Recipe adapted from Making Healthy Choices.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!