Brussels sprouts and apples come together for a comforting fall dish. The bacon makes it even better!
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts and Apples
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 medium onion diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Gala or Sommerfield apple cored and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 slices cooked center cut bacon chopped
- In a large skillet, bring the butter over medium heat until melted. Add the Brussels sprouts, onion and salt and stir to coat. Cook until Brussels sprouts are golden, stirring occasionally (about 8 minutes).
- Add the apple and garlic and reduce the heat to low. Stir to combine and cover with a lid.
- Cook until apples are tender, removing the lid occasionally to stir (6-10 minutes). Stir in the bacon pieces or sprinkle them over the top to serve.