A summer squash dish that fills your plate that’s great as a side or even a complete light & delicious meal for a summer day.
Sauteed Summer Squash Ribbons with Parsley & Garlic
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 summer squashes and/or zucchini trimmed
- 2 1/4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Combine garlic and lemon juice in large bowl and set aside for at least 10 minutes. Using vegetable peeler, shave each squash lengthwise into ribbons. Peel off 3 ribbons from 1 side, then turn squash 90 degrees and peel off 3 more ribbons. Continue to turn and peel ribbons until you reach seeds. Discard core.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and lemon zest into garlic mixture.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add squash and cook, tossing occasionally with tongs, until squash has softened and is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer squash to bowl with dressing, add 1 tablespoon parsley, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley. Serve immediately.
Recipe from The Bitten Word.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!