Sauteed Swiss Chard
Simply sauteeing swiss chard with tasty ingredients will make you fall in love with this healthy green.
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp butter to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash chard and shake dry.
- Separate stems from leaves. Keeping leaves and stems separate, cut leaves into large pieces and cut stems into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chard stems and cook 5-6 minutes over medium heat. Stir in leaves. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter. Season generously with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon just before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!