Seared Cod with Tatsoi Greens & Lime Sauce
Roasted tatsoi & carrots bring out the best in seared cod in this perfect dinner dish.
- 4 baby carrots or 2 regular size, washed
- 4 oz tatsoi washed & halved
- 1 bunch mint washed, stemmed & roughly chopped
- 1 lime washed, zested, peeled & quartered
- 1 shallot washed, peeled & minced
- 1/2 cup couscous uncooked
- 2 cod fillets
- 3 Tbsp butter cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 500°. Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Peel carrots & cut at alternating angles into 1 1/2" pieces.
- Place the carrots on a baking sheet & drizzle with about 2 tsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to thoroughly coat. Roast 10-12 minutes, or until browned and tender when pierced with a knife.
- On a separate baking sheet, toss tatsoi with about 2 tsp olive oil & salt and pepper. Roast 6-7 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Once he water is boiling, add the couscous. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until completely tender. Drain well and return to the pot. Stir in the juice of 2 lime wedges and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to tasted.
- Pat the fish fillets dry and season with salt and pepper. Gently dip the fillets in the flour to create a thin coating, shaking off any excess. In a medium nonstick pan, heat a little olive oil on medium-high until hot. Cook the fillet 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and wipe out the pan.
- In the same pan, heat a little olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the shallot and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, or until slightly softened. Add the lime zest and 1/4 cup of water. Turn off the heat, leaving the pan on the burner. Working in 3 batches, slowly whisk in the butter until completely combined and smooth. Stir in the juice of the remaining lime wedges and set aside
- Just before serving, stir the mint into the couscous. To plate, divide couscous, roasted vegetables, and cod between 2 plates. Spoon the butter sauce over the top & enjoy.
From Blue Apron.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!