Chock full of delicious veggies and Asian flavor, Singapore noodles are a culinary delight you’re sure to enjoy time & time again.
- 1 cup dry rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into matchsticks
- 1 carrot julienned
- 3/4 cup . shredded cabbage about 1/2 a head
- 2 Tbsp curry powder*
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- large handful of fresh cilantro
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- Sriracha to serve
- Cook the noodles according to the package. Once cooked, drain and rinse in cool water – then set aside.
- Add the canola oil and sesame oil to a pre-heated skillet on medium/high. Add the shallots, garlic and ginger with a sprinkle of salt and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper and carrot and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the cabbage and continue to stir-fry until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with the curry powder and turmeric and continue to cook while stirring for another 30 seconds.
- Add the noodles and soy sauce and cook for another 2 minutes, using a fork to separate the noodles so everything gets evenly mixed.
- Add half of the cilantro and half the green onions. Using the fork again to distribute ingredients evenly . Season with additional salt and pepper, if wanted.
- Remove from heat and serve with the extra cilantro, onions and sriracha.
From Vegan Twist.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!