The way the chicken & apples come out in this slow cooker dish is nothing short of spectacular.
Roasted Crock Pot Chicken & Apples
- 2 Tbsp oil of your choice
- 1 small chicken to fit in slow cooker
- 1 yellow onion cut into wedges
- 2 cups hard cider sub with non-alcoholic cider, or combination of ginger ale and apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sweetener of your choice
- 4 cups chicken stock heated
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- 4 apples
- salt & pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Heat the oil in a skillet and put in the chicken breast side down. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning the chicken so that it browns all over.
- Put the chicken, breast side down in the slow cooker pot.
- Add the onion wedges to the pan and cook until golden. Add the cider and sugar and bring to a boil. pour over the chicken.
- Cut the apples into wedges.
- Add the stock, carrots, lemon, apples, salt and pepper to the slow cooker pot. The chicken and vegetables should be covered by the liquid. Add the rosemary.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours until the chicken is cooked and the juices run clear when pierced with a skewer.
Recipe from eatsmarter.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!