This stuffed spaghetti squash is smokey & so addictive! It’s an easy way to cook up some lean bison. You can follow the recipe just as is, or change up the spices to your favorites to make it a different treat every time you make it.
Smokey Bison Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 pound bison
- 1 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Preheat oven to 375° Wash the spaghetti squash and use a fork to poke several holes in the outside. Place on a baking sheet and roast 45-50 minutes. The squash is done once you can pierce through the skin easily with a small paring knife. Set aside to cool.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add the coconut oil and heat over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté 2 minutes to translucent. Add the bison and cook, stirring, for 8-10 minutes. Add the smoked paprika, fennel seeds, salt, pepper and rosemary and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes to allow flavors to deepen. Stir in tomato paste, spinach and ¼ cup water. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer to let thicken.
- Halve spaghetti squash. Scoop out seeds. Using a fork, scrape out strands of spaghetti squash to make a “nest” of squash noodles. Top with meat mixture and serve.