Make healthy spaghetti squash with creamy avocado & spinach squash and you won’t miss any of the heavy creams or pastas. Feel good food!
Spaghetti Squash with Creamy Avocado & Spinach Sauce
- 1 spaghetti squash halved & seeds removed
- 3 cups Fresh Spinach washed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp Basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sliced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 °. Place spaghetti squash open side down in a baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes, until it’s soft & threads easily come out with a fork.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic to the pan & toss in the spinach. Cook until it wilts.
- Add spinach, parsley, thyme, basil, salt & pepper, avocado & lemon juice to a blender. Puree until smooth, then add the remaining olive oil.
- When the spaghetti squash is done, scrape the threads out with a fork, mix with the sauce, and top with tomatoes. Serve.