Spinach & Lentil Dahl
Get all the iron & nutrients you need in a delicious vegan dahl, made with local & organic spinach!
- 1 red onion diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 knob ginger minced
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup green lentils rinsed
- 1/2 cup red lentils rinsed
- 1 pound chopped tomatoes or 1 can
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3-4 handfuls spinach roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add a dash of olive oil and sauté onions until softened. Add garlic, ginger, and spices. Continue cooking for a couple of minutes.
- Add lentils, tomato, coconut milk, and water & bring to a boil. Lower heat & simmer, covered, for 25 minutes or until green lentils are soft. You may need to add more water if the mixture looks too thick.
- Turn the heat off & add spinach. Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve with naan, roasted potatoes, or basmati rice.
Recipe from Vegan food by Nina.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!