If polenta wasn’t yummy enough, making it with spinach & topping it with sauteed veggies & mushrooms make it even more scrumptious. Healthy & decadent at the same time!
Spinach Polenta with Mushrooms Peas & Carrots
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- mushrooms, peas, and/or carrots for topping
- Chop veggies & mushrooms, and sauté, seasoned as you like. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring water to boil over med-high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine ¼ cup broth & spinach leaves in a blender. Puree until creamy & set aside.
- Add cornmeal & ¼ tsp salt to the saucepan. Cook stirring continuously, until it thickens slightly, 5-7 minutes.
- Turn the burner to low heat. Add spinach puree, parmesan & black pepper. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding more broth if the mixture thickens too quickly & isn’t creamy anymore. Top creamy polenta with veggies & serve.
Recipe adapted from F and F. Buy your spinach here.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!