These spinach mini quiches are a consummate component for a summer brunch!
Perfectly delicious as is, or easily adaptable with other veggies. Add tomatoes or peppers!
Spinach Vegan Mini Quiches
- 15 mini phyllo shells
- 1/2 lb. extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp. unflavored unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups spinach sliced thinly
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- a generous amount of black pepper
- Place tofu, milk, soy sauce and nutritional yeast into food processor and blend until a smooth, thick paste forms, scraping bowl as needed.
- Preheat oven to 350. Arrange shells on baking sheet.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sautee until softened, about five minutes.
- Add garlic and spinach and continue to sautee until spinach wilts, about another minute.
- Add tofu mixture and scallions and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring frequently, until tofu softens and everything is evenly blended.
- Spoon mixture evenly into shells. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until tops begin to brown.
- Serve warm.
Recipe from Connoisseur Veg.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!