Use up your summer squash in a potato torte that’s anything but boring.
Summer Squash & Potato Torte
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled, cut into 1/8”-thick rounds
- 12 ounces summer squash cut into 1/8” thick rounds
- 6 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter two 8-inch-diameter cake pans. Set aside 1/4 cup sliced green onions. Toss remaining green onions, cheese, flour, thyme, salt and pepper in medium bowl to blend.
- Layer 1/6 of potatoes in concentric circles in bottom of 1 prepared pan, overlapping slightly. Layer 1/4 of squash in concentric circles atop potatoes. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with 1/6 of cheese mixture. Repeat with 1/6 of potatoes, then 1/4 of squash and 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with 1/6 of cheese mixture. Top with 1/6 of potatoes. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with 1/6 of cheese mixture and press gently to flatten. Repeat procedure with second cake pan and remaining potatoes, squash, oil, and cheese mixture.
- Cover pans with foil. Bake until potatoes are almost tender, about 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake uncovered until tortes begin to brown and potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes longer. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cool. Cover with foil and chill. Rewarm, covered with foil, in 350°F oven until heated through, about 30 minutes.)
- Cut each torte into wedges. Sprinkle wedges with 1/4 cup green onions; serve.
Recipe from Epicurious.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!