Grab the grill & make a salmon dish that the whole family will devour. The sauce is the secret in this salmon & squash dish!
Sweet Smokey Salmon Kabobs
- 2 Metal or bamboo skewers
- 2 Tbsp packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 1/4 pound skinless salmon fillet
- 2 summer squash or zucchini sliced into coins
- If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in hot water at least 30 minutes. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on medium.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Rub mixture between fingers to break up any lumps of sugar. Add salmon and squash and toss to evenly coat with spice mixture.
- Thread squash slices, 2 at a time and alternating with salmon, onto skewers. Place on hot grill grate and cook 9 to 11 minutes or until salmon turns opaque throughout, turning occasionally.
Recipe from Country Living.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!