Swiss Chard & Curried Chickpeas with Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 15oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper divided
- 1/2 cup +1 Tbsp white wine vinegar divided
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 2 oranges
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 8 cups Swiss chard torn, tough stems remove
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber, celery, or squash, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Roll chickpeas between two layers of paper towel to dry. Remove any loose skins and discard. Spread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet; toss with 1 Tbsp oil, curry powder & 1/8 tsp each salt & pepper. Roast till crispy, 25 minutes. Cool on pan.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 cup vinegar & honey to a boil. Place onion in a heat-proof bowl. Pour mixture over onion. Cover for 20 minutes.
- Slice off the top & bottom of each orange. Remove peel and pith. Separate segments place in a large bowl. Add chard, cucumber, pickled onion and chickpeas. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine.
- Zest 1 orange and place zest in a small bowl. Whisk in 1 Tbsp vinegar, Dijon, remaining 3 Tbsp oil and 1/8 tsp each salt & pepper.