This Tempeh meal has everything you need to be satisfied & energized. Rich & nutty Caesar dressing, tangy citrus Tempeh, and addictive sourdough Panzanella. Sustainable eats at their best!
Tempeh Caesar Panzanella
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup water plus 2 tbsp
- 8 Kalamata olives pitted
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp cider vingar
- 1 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Panzanella Bread & Salad
- 4 slices leftover sourdough
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 handful Basil chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 head lettuce
- 2-3 persian cucumbers chopped
- 1 spicy or sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 green onion finely sliced
- 1 orange to squeeze over salad
- 8-9 oz Tempeh
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds finely ground
- Blend all dressing ingredients on high speed until smooth.
- Cut tempeh lengthwise, into fingers, and place in a small oven dish. Mix citrus juices, salt and fennel seed and pour on top. Bake at 400° for 30-40 minutes until liquid is absorbed and tempeh is lightly browned, turning once or twice.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, basil, olive oil and salt and pepper to a bowl.
- Toast the sourdough until golden then cut into chunks. Add to the garlic mixture & use your hands to firmly squish everything together so the tomatoes get nicely crushed and smeared into the toast, softening it and infusing it with flavor.
- In each serving bowl, arrange some lettuce, cucumber, red pepper and onion. Drizzle with fresh orange juice to moisten, then use a spoon to pour on some lines of dressing. Top with tempeh and bread mixture.
Recipe from Eat Well.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!