A fresh take on traditional tomato soup, packed with even more vitamin C from the fresh oranges! Easy to make & perfect for any time of year.
Roasted Cucumbers & Onions with Fresh Herbs
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes about 6 medium
- 1 Tbsp canola oil divided
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place tomatoes in 1 inch deep baking pan, cut side down. Brush tops with ¾ tsp oil. Roast 20-25 minutes or until skins are blistered and charred. Remove and discard skins.
- In a 4 qt pot, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, cook & stir until tender. Add garlic & cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth, orange juice, tomato paste & roasted tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Stir in orange zest, butter, cilantro, honey & salt. Remove from heat & cool slightly. Process soup in a blender until smooth. Return to pot & heat through. Serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!