Vegan Southern Collard Greens
Classic southern collard greens make vegan & healthy! You won't miss a beat with these.
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil heated
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp smoked salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch collard greens
- hot sauce, or apple cider vinegar
- Sauté onion & garlic in the heated oil until tender.
- Add in the broth, smoked salt, and red pepper flakes. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Bring to a simmer, about 1 hour, until greens are dark green and tender.
- Add in more of the smoked salt and red pepper flakes to taste. You can also add the hot sauce or apple cider vinegar as you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!