Veggie Burger Patties
Real veggie patties, made from scratch! There's so much taste & goodness in every single bite.
- 8 oz mushrooms dirt & tough stems removed
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stem
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp each: paprika & chili powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 1/3 cup halved walnuts or seeds
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves or any green leaf veggie
- 1 handful fresh herbs like cilantro, sage, chives,
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- Heat oven to 400°. Line cookie sheets with foil or parchment.
- Put roughly chopped veggies into a food processor. Add spices & pulse 10 to 20 times until coarsely ground.
- Spread veggies onto one of the cookie sheets. Pat down with spatula. Roast 15 minutes. Stir if browning too fast.
- Meanwhile, put drained beans on the 2nd cookie sheet in one layer.
- When veggies have roasted 15 minutes, stir and press into a thin layer again.
- Put both cookie sheets into the oven and roast till beans begin to split and veggies look toasted (about 15 minutes).
- Add nuts, spinach and fresh herbs to rinsed & dried food processor. Pulse til they are about the size of breadcrumbs.
- Add cooled beans & pulse 5 to 10 times.
- Add roasted veggies, breadcrumbs, eggs & tomato paste into food processor. Pulse until just combined. Don't pulse too much!
- Put mixture into a bowl and fold in the cooked rice.
- Make patties. Your can refrigerate up to 24 hours. Or cook and freeze them wrapped in foil for up to 3 months.
How to cook the patties
- Add 1 Tbsp oil & heat skillet over medium-high heat. Pace in pan.
- Cook till heated through, firm & brown on both sides, 4-6 minutes.
- Reheat frozen, cooked patties in 350° oven 15-20 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!