Microgreens and bell peppers are a super awesome flavor burst for any burger, and these veggie patties take the cake on healthy deliciousness.
Veggie Patty with Microgreens and Bell Peppers
- 1 sweet potato sliced in half, then halved again lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp olive oil for roasting
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked & cooled
- 1/4 cup cannellini beans cooked & rinsed
- 1/8 cup walnuts
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 11/2 tsp liquid aminos or tamari
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 green onion chopped
- Garlic salt & pepper to taste
- 11/2 bell peppers seeds removed
- 3 eggs
- 2 handfuls of washed microgreens
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss the sweet potatoes in the olive oil & season with salt & pepper. Roast for 30 minutes until easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa. You may want to cook the whole package as directed on the box, then set the ½ cup aside for the patties.
- Turn oven down to 375°.
- Coarsely chop walnuts. Next, wilt the spinach with the salt & pepper, about a minute.
- Grate the carrot with a microplane, grater, or food processor. You’ll want about ¼ cup for the patties.
- Place the sweet potatoes into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add in all remaining ingredients of the patties, except the cannellini beans. Pulse a few times until everything is mixed but not smooth. Add in the beans & pulse a few more times. The mixture should still have chunks of potatoes, be wet/sticky, but still easy to form patties. You can add more quinoa if it seems too wet to you.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, then form the patties and place in the skillet. You’ll want enough room to cook the peppers in the same pan, following step 8. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through and golden brown.
- Slice the bell pepper so that you get three rings (one for each patty) and a bunch of spears. Place the rings in the skillet & crack the eggs inside them. Place the rest of the pepper slices into the pan & cook until the eggs and peppers are done until your liking.
- Arrange the bell pepper slices on a plate in a nice pile. Place the veggie burger on top of them. Next, place the egg on top, then top with the microgreens & serve.
Patty Recipe derived from jojotastic.com. Toppings inspired from Apartment Homesteading.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!