Wassail puts everyone in the holiday spirit. Make this drink from scratch & permeate the kitchen with the scents of the season. Completed with clove-studded oranges, it looks as good as it tastes & smells.
- 1-3 oranges studded with whole cloves
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 6 cinnamon sticks or 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 5 cups apple cider
- 1 cup water
- 1 Apple cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rum optional
- Mix juice, cider, water, brown sugar and ground cinnamon and rum (if using) in large saucepan or slow cooker.
- Add cinnamon sticks, clove-studded oranges, and apple slices.
- Simmer mixture for 3-4 hours.
- Serve hot.