Sweet white peaches in a delicious dessert bar! You can substitute or mix white nectarines if you’d like.
White Peach Bars
- 2-3 white peaches
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp quick rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour can sub with all purpose
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temp
- Set oven to 350°. Wash and slice the peaches. Do not peel. Place in a bowl & toss gently with lemon juice & cornstarch. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in the salt and the vanilla. Blend in the flours and stir just until the mixture is crumbly.
- Flour your hands. Take about 2/3 of the dough and press lightly into the bottom of a lightly sprayed 9x9 baking dish.
- Give the peaches a final toss and lay them out across the dough. If they are really juicy, don't add all the extra juices.
- Mix the oats into the remaining dough with your fingertips. Crumble over the peaches.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, until the crust is just getting golden around the edges and the fruit is bubbling.
- Let cool a bit before cutting. Serve.
Recipe from View from Great Island.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!