What makes this Tzatziki even better is the fresh organic cucumbers from our farm box!
World’s Best Tzatziki
- 3 cups Greek Yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon about 3 Tbsp
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill or mint for a different taste
- Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Peel cucumbers. Cut in half lengthwise, take a small spoon and scrape out the seeds. Discard. (you can skip this step if the cucumbers are of a smaller seed variety).
- Slice cucumbers. Put in a colander & sprinkle 1 Tbsp salt and let stand for 30 minutes to draw out water. Drain well and wipe dry with a paper towel.
- Add cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, and a little black pepper to a food processor. Process until well blended, then stir the mixture into the yogurt. Salt to taste.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving so the flavors can blend. The tzatziki will keep for a few days in the refrigerator, though it’ll need to be drained and stirred before serving.
Recipe from Kalyn’s Kitchen.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!