Zucchini Noodles, Fava Beans, Mint & Garlic
Making fava beans tasty is simple with the addition of zucchini, mint & garlic-a flavor explosion!
- 1 1/2 cup shelled fava beans or 1 1/2lb unshelled
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese or creme fraiche
- sliced green or red onions
- Shell the beans by pulling back the top stem and unzip the pod. Or use a paring knife to open them up.
- Boil Shelled Beans for 2 minutes.
- Drain & put into ice water.
- Squeeze the little bean from their thin outer skin.
Prepare the Dish
- Using a spiralizer, turn zucchini into noodles. Or, using a julienne peeler, peel the zucchini lengthwise into strips to equal about 7 cups, discarding the seeds.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. add garlic & red chili flakes; cook 1 minute. Ads zucchini; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in mint, salt, fava beans, and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, lemon zest, and onions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!