Feed your sweet tooth with this family recipe made with yummy fresh apples. Apples & walnuts are always a good pair.
Apple Walnut Supreme Cake With Lemon Glaze
- 4 cups peeled chopped apples
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour sifted
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectionary sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease & flour a 13x9 pan. Combine apples & sugar and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs, oil & vanilla. Beat for 1 minute at med-high speed.
- Add dry ingredients and apples to egg mixture, alternating, until all ingredients are well combined. Stir in nuts.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, until cake tests done with a toothpick or fork.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle on top of cooled cake.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!