Who needs heavy cheese when you can stuff your burgers with healthy avocados? This dish is San Diego flavor at it’s tastiest!
Avocado Stuffed Burgers
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped with oil drained
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- Bacon fat optional
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your grill to med/med high heat. Put ground beef in a large mixing bowl & add black pepper, 1 tsp sea salt, and zest of one lemon
- Mix well and then form into thin patties all the same size
- In another mixing bowl combine avocados, sun dried tomatoes, lemon juice, and the remaining teaspoon of sea salt.
- Mash the avocado and mix ingredients well to get as smooth as you like
- Place avocado mixture on top of the bottom of half of the burgers, leaving room to seal the burgers
- Put the other patty over the top of the mixture & pinch the edges of your burgers together to seal all the way around
- Grill to your liking, 6-8 minutes each side. Ensuring to cook evenly on both sides.
- While grilling, drizzle the burgers with bacon grease if desired (it adds amazing flavor)
- When done grilling, allow your burgers to rest for 10 minutes and then serve. Top remaining avocado mix & Enjoy!
Recipe from Civilized Caveman. GET YOUR SUN-DRIED TOMATOES HERE.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!