Garlic Tomato Rice
Brown rice, sautéed with garlic and cooked with broth and fresh tomatoes. Goes well with both Mexican and Asian cuisines
- Cooking pot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 2 tomatoes quartered
- 4 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 2 cups brown rice
- Heat oil in 2 quart sauce pan over med-high heat and add minced garlic.
- Once garlic is fragrant (about 45 seconds) Add brown rice. Stir and fry rice for 2 minutes
- Add broth and tomatoes
- Cover pot, turn to med-low and simmer 50 minutes till rice is soft.
Calories: 402kcalCarbohydrates: 77gProtein: 9gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 868mgPotassium: 600mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 517IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 57mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!