Addictive & satisfying pull apart bread made better with fresh veggies. Brussels sprouts and tomatoes are a suprisingly delicious addition to this easy dish, perfect for any occasion.
Cheddar & Veggie Pull Apart Bread
- 1 loaf French bread or Italian loaf
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Brussels sprouts halved
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp coarse pepper
- 8 oz your favorite cheddar shredded- flavored with herbs or spices is a great option for this recipe
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 heirloom tomato diced
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Slice bread to almost the bottom to make pockets. Being sure not to slice all the way through.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a sauté pan and add Brussels sprouts. Toss to coat.
- Sauté until golden on both sides. Add vinegar, salt & pepper. Toss & remove from heat.
- Let cool a little and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add onions, garlic & salt. Toss & sauté until caramelized, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stuff bread with onions first, then shredded cheese, then brussels sprouts.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until cheese has fully melted and everything is slightly golden on top.
- Top with diced tomatoes & serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!