Cheesy Broccoli Soup
Using the fresh farm box ingredients like organic broccoli, carrots, onions, and sharp cheddar from our eggs & cheese shop make this cheesy broccoli soup absolutely wonderful for a winter day.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 3 cups fresh broccoli
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook butter, onion, and carrots over medium heat until onion softens.
- Add broccoli, chicken broth, and seasonings. Simmer until broccoli is softened, about 8 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup of vegetables, coarsely chop and set aside. Using an immersion blender, blend remaining vegetables and broth.
- Place flour in a small bowl. Add in cream a little at a time stirring until smooth. Bring blended vegetable mixture to a boil and whisk in cream mixture. Continue whisking until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cheeses and reserved chopped vegetables and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!