Fall is Finally Here Salad
Celebrate the flavor of fall with a bright & earthy beet salad, created by Chef Michael.
- 1 pound beets
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked
- 1/2 cup nuts any type
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 orange
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp goat cheese
- In a saucepan, boil the beets, water, vinegar, chili flakes, and salt. Cook until a knife comes out easily. If the beets become uncovered at any point, add more water. Let cool and cut into wedges
- Toss 1/4 of the beets with the cherry tomatoes, lettuce, quinoa, and nuts.
- Squeeze the lemon and orange over the mix.
- Add the olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Top with the goat cheese.
- Save the rest of the beets for soups, smoothies, or a green salad.
Pro tip! Add snipped basil or fresh tarrgon.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!