How to Make a Massaged Kale Salad
- 1 bunch kale washed and removed from stem
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard optional
- Tear or chop kale into small pieces and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon, sea salt, and mustard to a small bowl, whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over the kale then use your hands to massage pieces between your fingers. Kale should turn a brighter green and become softer. Keep massaging for 2-4 minutes.
- Use massaged kale as the base for your salad, then add desired toppings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!