A healthy gratin without all of the heaviness! You’ll love the combo of Mexican squash, peppers, and tomatoes .
Mexican Squash Pepper & Tomato Gratin
- Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 Mexican squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
- Add squash and bell pepper, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender. Stir in basil and 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Spoon mixture into an 11" x 7" baking dish. Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Scatter panko and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan over the top and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until topping is crisp and vegetables are piping hot. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Country Living. Order your veggies/See What's in Stock: Mexican squash Bell peppers Sweet Mini Peppers Cherry Tomatoes Flavorino Tomatoes Heirloom Tomatoes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!