This stew is simply bursting with flavor!
- 3 cups carrots washed, diced 1/2 inch
- 3 cups leeks washed, diced, white stem into 1/2 inch
- 2 cups celery washed, diced 1/2 inch
- 1 15oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 quart vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- kosher salt & black pepper
- kefer, Greek yogurt, or vegan cream for garnish
- Heat a large soup pot on medium-high. Add oil. Heat, add leaks, all the spices, and stir to mix well.
- Cook till leeks softened and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Taste for seasoning, add salt & pepper.
- Cover & cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with cream & enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!