Orange Chicken & Greens Stir-Fry
- 2-3 medium oranges
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1 inch strips & seasoned with 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp safflower or peanut oil
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger peeled & grated
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 bunch kale or spinach leaves
- cooked rice for serving
- Zest one orange and reserve in a small bowl. Juice both oranges. Add juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, to zest and whisk. Segment 3rd orange and set aside.
- In heated wok over high heat, add oil, onion, garlic, ginger & chilis. Cook, stirring 2 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt. Add to wok, cook 3-4 minutes. Add kale (or spinach.
- Stir & add the orange mixture to the wok. Cook til sauce thickens. Serve over rice.