A super delicious pasta dish with the spiciness of French radishes that uses the whole veggie, even the greens. Adding bacon knocks it out of the park.
Adapt this recipe to keto or vegan diets & it won’t miss a beat.
Pasta with French Radishes Bacon & Greens
- 1/2 lb spaghetti bucatini, or linguine
- 1 bunch bunch of French radishes including greens, washed
- 2 strips strips bacon
- 2 Tbsp Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp Tbsp Pecorino Romano more or less, to your preference
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to direction. Be sure to cook until just tender.
- Meanwhile, separate the radishes from the greens and slice 1/8” thick. Make enough for 1 cup. Coarsely chop greens.
- Cut the bacon in 1/3” strips. Cook in a sauté pan over high heat for 3 minutes, until fat is rendered and bacon is soft.
- Add the oil, radish leaves, and sliced radishes. Cook over high heat until the greens wilt and radishes soften, 5 min.
- Drain the pasta, add to the pan & cook 2 minutes. Add to bowl & toss with ½ the cheese, salt & pepper.
- Serve with remaining cheese sprinkled on top.