Real organic peaches make this peaches & cream oatmeal stand out as a summer breakfast favorite of ours.
Peaches & Cream Oatmeal
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped very small
- 2 large peaches chopped small about 1/2"
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 3 1/4 cups water
- Toppings: brown sugar honey, maple syrup, half and half, milk or cream, ice cream
- Combine all ingredients, except the toppings, in a medium size saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the oats are tender, remove from the heat.
- Portion into serving bowls and add the toppings of your choice.
From Barefeet in the Kitchen.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!