We love this recipe because you can use just about any veggies & you’ll get an amazing flatbread. Amazing as is, or substitute as you need.
Roasted Veggie Flatbread
- 1 medium-sized portobello mushroom
- 1 summer squash or zucchini
- 7-8 sun-dried tomato slices
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 clove large garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 bag store-bought pizza dough
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Roll pizza dough out flat, and fit onto a pizza stone (which must be preheated in the oven beforehand) or a regular oven tray. Brush with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt & pepper, topping generously with chopped garlic. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice vegetables and season with salt and pepper, drizzling 1 tbsp of olive oil over top. Cook in the oven for 3-4 min.
- Once dough is finished, remove from oven and add ricotta cheese as the first layer, then add vegetables, herbs & and other cheeses.
- Cook for another 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and pizza dough is fully cooked.
- Serve right away with a glass of wine and enjoy!
Recipe from The Girl on Bloor.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!