Fresh Shitake Mushroom with Peppers, Onions & Tomato Rice
- fry pan or wok
- 1 lb fresh shitake mushrooms stems removed
- 4 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- ½ onion sliced
- 1 bell pepper seeded, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp soy or tamari sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- ½ fresh lime quartered
- Rinse, pat dry & pull stems off of mushrooms. Leave small ones whole & cut large ones in half
- Prep garlic, onion & bell peppers
- Mix together sriracha, oyster and soy sauce in small bowl.
- Heat olive & 1 tsp sesame oil n large fry pan and add chopped garlic. Cook till fragrant but not brown.
- Add onions & bell peppers. Cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a pinch of kosher salt while cooking.
- Pour in sauce and cook 3 more minutes till dark brown & sauce is glossy. Squeeze lime juice over top.
- Serve over tomato rice