Fresh tomato sauce made quickly with cherry, grape, or cocktail tomatoes. Perfect with pasta, zoodles, or even this zucchini parmesan.
Speedy Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves torn into small pieces
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute or until fragrant but not turning brown.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar. As the tomatoes cook and soften, mash them with a fork to help them form a chunky, rustic sauce. Cook the tomatoes for approximately 5-6 minutes total.
- Sprinkle with torn basil before serving.
Recipe from Fountain Avenue Kitchen.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!